Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Drum tuning


Hey y'all!

I get a lot of questions about tuning drums. The number one question is:

"Can I just buy a thing that does it for me?"

Well yes and no.

The Tune Bot is the closest thing that you can get to a "drum tuner that's like a guitar tuner" but the truth is that you have to have some basic knowledge about tuning drums before you can really utilize the features available.

My friend Danny Thompson released this video reviewing the Tune Bot, check it out!


The other contraption that is helpful with tuning would be the Drum Dial.

The Drum Dial is old school, it's just an analog pressure gauge. Not electronic, just feels the pressure on the head.
I prefer this over the Tune Bot, but like the tune bot you need to have some knowledge about tuning drums to use it.

Eventually, with practice and time, you will be able to tune by ear. I only use a Drum Dial if I'm
tech-ing for a studio gig or something that really requires exact precision.

Besides, every drum is different!!

If you have any questions about tuning or are interested in getting a lesson about tuning email me here:

Right Here!!

1 comment:

  1. You can prepare for drum lessons by setting aside the
    time you will need for regular lessons and practice,
    deciding the types of drums you would like to learn,
    and selecting an experienced instructor. Contrary to
    popular belief, drums are generally not an easy instrument
    to play for many beginning musicians.

    somerset drum lessons
    wells drum lessons
    street drum lessons

    ReplyDelete